Tuesday 4 January 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR...

Better late than never.  We had visitors staying for over the holidays and they left yesterday.  It was great to see them and spend time together.  On New Year's Eve we went to the Ceilidh in the Village Hall, it was great fun and we had a lot of fun dancing and enjoying ourselves in the company of our neighbours.  Here is a photo of my youngest son in his kilt, he was the only one of the 3 boys that I managed to persuade to wear their kilt.
With having company over the last few days I didn't get any stitching done, but I did manage to finish two ornaments that I had stitched last week.  The first designed by JBW Designs and is called French Country Star, I stitched it over two and missed out the word 'Star' at the bottom.


The second ornament is from La-D-Da called 'Tis Red.  Both the ornaments are stitched on a Lakeside Linen and stitched using Victorian Motto Sampler Threads.  They were also from the 2010 JCS ornament issue.  I have spent a lot of my vacation stitching read and relaxing, it will be quite a thought going back to work on the 10th.

1 comment:

  1. I just followed your comment to find your blog! Welcome to blogland. I was wondering if you had been snowed in after seeing the reports. Your stitching is beautiful, of course that is no surprise!

    ReplyDelete