Wednesday 29 December 2010

Looking Forward...

Well Christmas as very quiet here as we had lots of snow and the roads weren't driveable.  Everyone loved their presents.  We are now looking forward to 2011.  I have been stitching ornaments for the ornament exchange next October at the Pals Fall Fling.  I don't usually stitch any, but I have a head start this year and have one completed and two that are almost done too.
This is Lizzie Kate's design from JCS Ornament issue 2002.  I didn't have the silver heart charm, so I used a little bell button that I found in my stash, I think it turned out pretty cute.

Will add photos of the other two when they are finished.  I've had really good fun stitching these ornaments this year.  I used Victorian Motto sampler threads and fabric from Lakeside Linen, I won a prize at the Cross Stitch Pals Fall Fling, that consisted of ornament cuts of linen and a huge selection of threads in greens, reds and golds from the Victorian Motto.

Hope everyone has a good 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your other ornaments. I'm so proud of you getting a head start for next October. You may just beat us all. Congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm - since you are stitching ornaments for the 2011 Fling - can we assume you'll be there? Love the ornament - you've motivated me to get started on mine!

    ReplyDelete